Mar. 31, 2023
There are several ways to save research and development costs for IML (In-Mold Labeling) in mold new packagings. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Conduct thorough research: Before starting any new plastic packagings project, it is important to conduct thorough research to gain a deep understanding of the technology, materials, and processes involved. This can help identify potential issues early on, and can help prevent costly mistakes. Honokage most food packagings with IML are using the PP material ,which meet FDA standard.
2. Use existing technologies: Whenever possible, use existing technologies and materials to reduce development costs. For example, consider using standard molds and existing printing techniques to reduce the need for custom molds and printing equipment. In mold labeling technology is a good option to choose.
3. Optimize design: Optimize the design of the packaging to minimize the amount of material required and simplify the manufacturing process. This can help reduce material costs and improve efficiency. Honokage is able to conduct safety testing and evaluation of packaging and transportation in the early stage of mass production to ensure the optimal product wall thickness, obtain the optimal product weight, and save costs.
4. Collaborate with suppliers: Collaborate with suppliers to identify cost-effective materials and processes. Suppliers may be able to provide valuable insights and suggestions for improving the design and manufacturing process. Honokage have a professional engineering and technical team that can provide professional insights on product structure, material selection, packaging method, and other aspects.
5. Conduct simulation testing: Conduct simulation testing to identify potential issues before investing in expensive physical prototypes. Simulation testing can help identify design flaws and optimize the manufacturing process. Through simulation testing, we can anticipate some design issues in advance, including issues that may arise during production and transportation, and then optimize the design before plastic mold production.
6. Use rapid prototyping: Use rapid prototyping techniques to quickly and inexpensively test and refine the design. This can help reduce the need for expensive physical prototypes and speed up the development process.
By following these suggestions, it may be possible to save research and development costs for IML in mold new packagings while still producing high-quality products for your brand, just feel free to contact with our team for IML technical support!