Dec. 19, 2022
A tremendous increase in the demand for various types of commodities is seen worldwide.
Following are the two main reasons for the enhancement in demand:
· The entire global economy is seeing an improvement
· The improvement of people's quality of life
This has also forced the positive development in demand for sustainable and degradable commodity packaging. Thus, the packaging design is also playing a significant role in the green economy. This has led to an increase in green packaging and the use of those materials characteristics eco-friendly.
There are two major issues the local government is looking into.
· Firstly, high attention to the environmental issues.
· Secondly, extending protection to the packaging industry
How This Can Be Achieved?
To help the packaging industry transition designing and developing sustainable and degradable packaging design and the material characteristics should help in green packaging. The use of sustainable and degradable green packaging will surely help a pleasant living between nature and man.
The developed countries shoulder the responsibility of developing degradable and sustainable packaging designs for the green packaging containers. Even the material characteristics are classified that promote green packaging. The three factors are adhered to when we analyze the function, concept, and structure of packaging:
Green packaging with an attractive packaging design can protect the food contents.
Sustainable and degradable packaging material characteristics can help in increasing sales.
All the factors like green packaging and sustainable and degradable packaging with an attractive packaging design can comply with the principle of degradability.
What Is The Importance Of Packaging Design?
It is required to work towards the basic exploration of the structural design of the traditional degradable material characteristics at the macro-level to the structural optimization of composite degradable materials. Also, modernization of the microstructure of the material characteristics can lead to improvement of the structural properties and enhance packaging competence.
The main objectives of the sustainable packaging are:
· It should adhere to all the legal requirements – green packaging with eco-friendly material characteristics, safe, and harmless.
· There is a perfect correlation between the customers' requirements vis-à-vis the cost of degradable sustainable green packaging.
· All the sustainable and degradable green packaging should be recyclable in all its processes right from raw material procurement, product processing, transportation, and waste recycling.
· All the material characteristics should be eco-friendly
· Green packaging should not harm the environment; should be reliable, and promote efficient production.
Are There Any Green Packaging Material Characteristics Available?
Yes, currently following are the packaging sustainable, degradable packaging design is available;
· Photodegradable Material
· Biodegradable Material
· Photo Biological Composite Degradable Material